19.7.05

Swallowed Up by Life

Sometimes I get a little envious of other people's lives and lose sight of this barely understood -- thing -- that is my own. When this happens, I catch my breath and find, without fail, that I have once again maneuvered myself into the center of the known universe and that, in my head, things are Not. Working. According to. Plan. A favorite musical duo of mine sings, "the darkness has a hunger that's insatiable/ and the lightness has a call that's hard to hear." This young lady, whom I don't know, says it more astutely: "I forget how burdensome entitlement is." And someone I don't usually get along with very well hits the nail right on the head:

"For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened--not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life."

Fighting the Entitlement Monster is a daily battle, isn't it? And in the continued spirit of confession, our Rwanda team leaves in 16 days for London, our stopover before Africa. We have 16 days to raise $16,000. Pray, pray, pray; and if you feel led to, give. But mostly pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home