14.12.06

Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her

I get a kick out of webpages that try to secondguess my interest or intentions. Gmail's little "sponsored side links" usually amuse; I remember several email series with Bryan, long before we were dating, that invited me to "Come! Wake up with the SUN!" (solar-powered alarm clocks) while advising, less than surreptitiously, "Are you in love with your best friend? STOP!" (He's Just Not That Into You, later foisted on me by a family member who shall remain nameless. Mom.) An email from Katie M. about meeting for brunch on our trip to Connecticut in January warns me: "Prepare to be shocked." To help deal, it offers a great deal on an "Emotional Toolkit."

Amazon's equally charming, although this list of recommended features, handpicked especially for me based on my recent purchases, has me guessing:

Brother PT1500 label maker (oh, totally!)
Toastmaster 1770 (hand mixer -- need)
Invest Your Life in Things that Matter
The Wretched of the Earth,
by Fanon (own it -- he's a post-Marxist polysci/critical theorist)
and....

....

Histories of the Hanged. Lest you wonder too much of my taste, it's apparently a tale of corruption in the Kenyan justice system. Still, the title kind of gives one the heebie jeebies, no?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home