19.2.08

Belated Be Mine.

Somebody else, I'm hoping, will post the pictures, but it has been a wonderful past few days. A brief work trip down to Fort Lauderdale provided brief respite from the February gray. I spent Valentine's at the Milky Way with Juli, CB, Rachel, and Ms. Stoner. [Side note: It's made Bryan and I laugh in relief to realize that neither one of us cares much for Valentine's. I prefer my romance to be unforced and budget-friendly, not artificially expensive due to demand -- which, it so happens, brings up the most frustrating aspect of planning a wedding day. A day should not cost almost as much as surgery to remove a spinal tumor. And ours won't; but I digress.] Friday found me staring, amazed, as the students Bryan and I work with dazzled with their dancing, singing, and kung fu panache at BC's Korean Student Association/Chinese Student Association. Saturday was lovely: I served CB pecan pancakes in bed, made so much coffee, read books, talked politics, puttered around my room throwing things out with abandon, raided my closet for forgotten finds, curled up on the couch with CB, and went to bed early. I did manage to catch a cold somehow, but oh, well. I spent Sunday meditating and listening to one of Kevin's old sermons online, then rushed to meet Kim at the ICA. We stared overlooking the Harbor, and I remembered (as I do whenever I'm with her) why I love being around her. (Kim, if you read this, it's quite simple: you laugh with your whole body, and your heart is never far from your sleeve.) I met Bryan at the airport and captured him for an evening and a day. We shook off being threatened by a hostile cabbie with home-cooked meals, morning walks at the World's End, steaming clams and napping.

Circles of quiet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

glad i saw this.
::hug::

16.5.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home