16.6.05

Will she or won't she?

Somewhere in White Plains, Erin Book's new haircut is being born. She's trusted me with scissors (why do people do that?) and, after chopping off six inches in Round One, is in the WC deciding whether she should go still shorter.

UPDATE: Haircut success. Erin fabulous cook. Am leaving law school to become hairdresser-poet from Rhode Island.

Favorite line of the night: "Do you remember that time twenty minutes ago when I said that there was no non-permit parking in the lot by your house? Yeah, I was pretty much right about that [cue downpour]."

I honestly have had the most unexpected week in terms of reconnecting, or connecting for the first time, with people who truly want to know me. Tuesday night was such a spontaneously good conversation, a no-holds-barred, come-at-me dropping of all pretenses with a girl whose past looks a lot like mine; it's amazing how much you can communicate when there is less you have to say. A run in the chilled air with someone else's dog, a cup of tea and a good book later, and I am ready to see what tomorrow's got to say.

You're dangerous because you're honest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home