3.8.05

Last Will and Testament: There Are Games Afoot!

For those inquiring minds who occasionally up my stats by googling the meaning of the following lines, I bequeath to you the translation of "Ni dyar'izuba, rizagaruka, hejuru yacu? Ni nduzaricyeza ricyeza?" as sung in Wyclef Jean's epic song, "One Million Voices": "When will the sun return above us? Who will reveal it once again to us?"

And we're off! The plane leaves for London-->Nairobi-->Kigali in less than seven hours, and I (hope I) leave with it. I'm curious to see -- so much, actually. There's no place on this earth that's occupied more of my quiet thoughts than has Rwanda--except, of course, for Middle Earth (but one can reach Middle Earth a bit more easily, methinks). Thanks so much for your emails, letters, voicemails, warm hearts and open arms. You all do a world of good. To my ever-patient, slightly bemused family: thanks for knowing when not to say "no." Jenny, good luck on the 11th. I'm sure they'll have your ear flapping back over your head in the right direction in no time. And Patricio -- be well. I'll try not to come back with too many adopted children.

Oh, man. This is going to be something, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger peterc said...

middle earth is this fine planet on which we reside. hobbits are among us...

have a great trip!

3.8.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... we can't remember when you are coming home. first we thought the eleventh, now we think the thirteenth, but it may be the fifteenth. give us a call?

your car is in the driveway, you got a letter, and your note to self is still on the whiteboard.

we miss you.

eb and flo

12.8.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home