8.10.05

Miscellany

1. Dear PHurls and Eric: I hope you found the last entry to be informative and helpful when attempting to enter the common parlance of all things female. As representatives of PILF and APALSA, I sincerely hope you'll consider shedding light on this issue through those two reputable student organizations. Light dispels shame; shame breeds confession; and confession brings the sweet relief of clean seats for Jessica.

2. Dear Irene: In 14 minutes, I will exit my front door and whisk you away to meet (two of) the fabulous Chapman-Bivins-Ballard sisters, under whose tutelage I navigated the dangerous streets of Greenwich, Connecticut, in which I was interviewed by a newspaper reporter on my last day in town because, and I quote, "You know how to check your oil?! I admire any woman who knows how to open the hood!" If my car blows up on the way to New Hampshire this afternoon, please accept my apologies. I know how to open a hood. I also know how to ignore the rattling that's been going on under it for three weeks (e.g., turn up the volume!). Here's to hoping it's not something important.

3. Dear EU Class: Tuesday's going to be another day in paradise, isn't it?

4. Finally, dear UPS Man: Listen, I know I totally accepted your invitation to lunch the other day, but I sort of forgot to mention that a certain Pennsylvanian and I have come to the mutual understanding that we're sort of impressed by the other. I didn't mean to mislead you -- I'm sure I know exactly what Brown can do for me -- but there are a dozen beautiful longstems on my dresser right now for no good reason other than someone was thinking of me, and I highly doubt they came from you. That, UPS man, is class. You can't ignore class, especially when it's busy sending roses and growing a mullet.

5. C'est fin de semaine! A bientot!

Je t'aime,

JC

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll make sure to spread the word. Just took some time to catch up on your recent escapades. You're awesome.

9.10.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home