17.9.05

Kids These Days

Here I am in Stuart 316 on an overcast Saturday, recovering from the last month's introduction of certain welcome distractions in my life and reacquainting myself with my casebooks while said distraction gambols with his family o'er the green hills of Erin (as in Ireland, not Book. Book's hills are not green. That I know of.), and talking online with my beautiful 10-year-old cousin, Bridget. The conversation ensues:

Bridget: hey
Bridget: sup?
querynine: hola
Bridget: lol!

[Jessica: "....about what?"]

querynine: what are you doing?
Bridget: one
querynine: one?
Bridget: nm j/c

[Jessica consults with Racheli and finds that "nm j/c" means "not much, just chilling" to gangsta girls everywhere.]

Bridget: no 5 to one cuz the one looked like a seven
querynine: ...are you speaking a different language?
Bridget: sry

[Jessica gives up.]

I miss being cool.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. i miss you. juli said you have been trying to reach us... i'm so excited about Columbus day weekend.... It's coming SOON!!!

Kuyp will be beside himself upon seeing you; he is in a funk right now because Juli is in ATL for the weekend. Oh, he got a haircut. Yesindeed.

Have a good weekend!
ets

17.9.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were and are still cooler than i hope to be when i reach my pinnacle of cool, which sadly probably happened around my junior year of high school. perhaps this explans my love for the song "glory days."

18.9.05  
Blogger Jess Curtis said...

Oh, Phurls. I'll be as cool as you the day I start letting my facial hair grow because I think the mood is just a little too dour around the law school. Until that day, though, I'm gonna keep waxing it. That cool with you?

20.9.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home