12.4.05

Some Things, Retrospectively

Number one:

Ellen H., thank you so much for a lovely dinner/bad movie night on Friday. We are the anti-prom. And you may not appreciate it, but you live in the same house as the most beautiful piano I have ever had the privilege to play. I only hope I didn't overstep any hidden snooping bounds, and remember -- they'll name a gender after you. [Line from bad movie: "You're the most amazing white woman I've ever met!"]

Number Next:

Maura, Krish, Bekah, Seth, Em, Joe, Sheridan, Sarah, Rebecca and Co., Julia and Co., Kim, Mark, Jonathon -- y'all are my favoritest human pretzel bits. Thanks for playing. [Sheridan: "Our pretzel is stupid."]

Number the Third:

I'm working on writing something of quality, but I can't lie: it was pretty awesome today in property when we hijacked Krish's gavel and donated it to Mary Bilder. It was also pretty frickin' awesome last week when, at the PILF auction, Rogan and I beat out Travis for the Bilder brunch....exceeding our limit by a mere TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. [Scott Wilson to Travis: "Travis. It's OVER. The Cossacks have won."] This was just hours after I'd declared my poverty post-London, and Joe and Maura felt enough sympathy for me to offer to help stake out corners on which I could offer my services to, I don't know, proofread and edit things. [Oh, come on. What else do I do well? Maura: "You don't juggle."] But best of all was remembering that I'd made some sort of budget at one point and correctly factored in my tax refund to cover this trip. Why I don't write these things down, I'll never know...but I did spend a pretty sweet four hours dreaming up schemes involving bake sales and working at coffeeshops in order to make rent next month, all the while forgetting that the federal government totally had my back. [Kenji: "I'm pretty sure that's not the best way to make a budget, Jessica."] So thanks, federal government. By the way, I love how you trick me into lending you my money interest-free every year and then make me feel like I'M pulling the fast one on YOU when I get a refund. [Federal government: "E-file for free!"]

Next on Bee Claw: Germans.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't say that. I know I'm quotable and what not, but I also know the words that come out of my mouth and those wouldn't be some of them. At least not in that order.
As for the gavel, yes, that was awesome. One down, one to go.

sheridan.

13.4.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home