3.5.05

Black Crowes and a window that doesn't work and some mountains and a clear sky and an open road. Hello, summer. Did you miss me?

Top Five List of Random People Who Currently Inhabit Warm and Fuzzy Space in My Brain:

1. My grandfather, who still tweaks my ear every time I'm home.
2. Kathleen. Hanging off her couch so that the blood rushed to our heads while wondering aloud which boy would ask her -- she was the popular one, and I didn't mind being second fiddle -- to which school's social event. Stakes so low they were one with the ground, best friends, strawberry ice cream, games of catch in the backyard, watching her be perfection on the basketball court, the Matney Opinion....le sigh.
3. Karly and Aimee (I just saw you, Jana). Yes, they come together. Pancakes and B movies solve any problem so long as these kids are in the room; there's a lot to be said for knowing that it's been over a decade since I had to explain myself to any of these three. Three cheers for the known entity.
4. My dad circa any year I played sports.
5. The Dark Horse: Dr. Fairbrother and his ever-present gift for gab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home