16.5.05

Don't Believe What They Tell You

Every week, it seems, I'm reminded of how glad I am to be at BC Law and appreciative of the random stroke of luck that counts for wisdom in making the decision to attend. It's 7:15 in the morning. The coffee's on. I'm about to make some eggs and--you guessed it--bacon. I'm a bit flustered because I had trouble falling asleep last night. I just checked my email because looking at these checklists and outlines and outlines for my outlines is just making me nervous. Sometime after I turned my computer off for the evening, I got emails from two gentlemen, as follows:

1. Brian Dunphs: "I bought us all [Respondeat Superiors] T'-shirts for good luck." This won't be funny to any non-lawyerly types, but the shirts say, "I own Blackacre."

2. Will Cosmonaut: [quoted, in relevant part, with intro including lovely reference to both his mom and Kirk Cameron]: "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. ..Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."


BC Law. Because good people are lawyers, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess Curtis said...

...I call "not a morning person" privileges to the typos all up in this piece.

...and I call "grew up in New Britain" privileges to being able to say "all up in this piece."

...also, since this passage does not imply that I can go naked to class and expect God to clothe me on the way, I'm gonna put something on. But to all of you lovers out there, seriously: good luck this week.

16.5.05  
Blogger peterc said...

did u just post a comment on your own blog?

16.5.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home